What Is Cork Spray?
After it’s harvested from the outer bark of the cork oak tree, cork can be processed into all sorts of useful products. This includes cork spray. Homeowners and business owners throughout the U.S. are increasingly using sprayed cork coatings because they offer energy efficiency, acoustic insulation, and many other functional benefits. Cork spray products manufactured by ThermaShield in Texas are designed specifically to reduce the carbon footprint of a building while enhancing its aesthetic appeal.
Get the Beautiful Look of Cork
Improve your home’s curb appeal instantly by giving it a breathable “skin” of cork spray. It can be applied directly over many different exterior and interior surfaces. ThermaShield manufactures cork spray products in a range of colors and shades, enabling homeowners and commercial building owners to customize their look effortlessly. Don’t see a shade you like? Get in touch to ask us about mixing a custom color.
Functional Features of ThermaShield’s Cork Spray
Cork spray acts as a durable, resilient top coating. Every year after its application, paint typically loses 10% of its durability. In contrast, cork spray only loses 1%. Building contractors and homeowners like to use ThermaShield’s specially formulated cork spray because it is:
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Sustainably sourced
- Energy efficient
- Noise inhibiting
- Thermal insulating
Our manufacturer ensures that the use of a continual spray for buildings, exterior walls, and other application sites meets the requirements of the Technical Code of Construction.
Cork Spray Application Options
ThermaShield’s cork spray products can protect your Texas home or office building inside and out, from top to bottom. Cork inhibits moisture, heat transfer, and noise transfer. ThermaShield’s products are ideal for use as a:
- Roof coating, including for metal roofs
- Breathable “skin” for siding
- Top coat for existing stucco and new construction stucco
- Protective layer on timber frames
- Non-slip layer on brick and concrete
- Energy-efficient insulation on tanks, silos, and more
Our Test Certificates
Here at ThermaShield, we believe in transparency. Our cork spray products meet the requirements of the Technical Code of Construction. In addition, you can view our test certificates below:
- Thermal conductivity
- Assessment of water vapor
- Test for external fire exposure to roofs
- Reaction to fire classification B-s2,dO
- Reaction to fire test
- Reaction to fire classification Broof(t1)
- Transmission properties
- Test for difference in color after aging
- Pull-off test to measure adhesion
- Assessment of elasticity in bending and of bending strength
- Evaluation of compression behavior
- Assessment of dimensional stability under certain temperature and humidity conditions
- Assessment of tensile strength
Experience the Benefits of Cork for Yourself
ThermaShield is a company built on the promise of a better future through the utilization of sustainable, energy-efficient building practices today. We encourage homeowners, building owners, and contractors throughout Texas to schedule a complimentary consultation.